Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary to the Love of My Life

Trey and I celebrated 6 years this past sunday September 28, 2008. I am so blessed to of have fallen in love with such a wonderful and loving man. Here is a funny story that some of yall might not know.


Oh how it all started:
Trey and I met in college. We lived in the same apartment complex and my apartment was caddy corner to his so we past each other all the time. Well we have a mutual friend named Jessica. Trey went to high school with her and I met her in college. Jessica and I hung out a lot.

So that gives you the setting. The story goes a little something like this. It starts as a tragedy and ends in a fairy tale. Ok Trey was known around campus as the guy with the white truck that had a hyperlight sticker on it. It was a very nice truck and loud so he stood out. So I would always see him driving around. One day while Jessica and I were out running around we pulled up to a red light and Trey was beside us on my side. Jessica rolls down her window to holla at him and then she introduces us and I said hey and rolled my eyes and up went the window. I did not want him to get a bigger ego than I thought he already had. :) So in between that time and the time when we met again my high school boyfriend and I had just broke up and I was upset as you can imagine. So Jessica came over to cheer me up and decided that I needed to go out. So she calls around and gets the low down of what everyone is doing and we get dressed and go out dancing. Trey was one of the people in the group that went out. I was not looking for anyone so I really did not care who was there but Trey did stand out and not in a good way. My first impression of him was oh what a jerk, he thinks he is Gods gift. When we were at the club we were both just hanging out and this really short guy came up to me to ask me to dance and I had to turn him down. I know it was mean of me but I can not dance with someone that I tower over. Trey hears me turn him down and then turns to me and says well I was going to ask you to dance but you will just say no. Ha ha. So that night ends and on come the next couple of weeks. I saw Trey out and about all the time. He ran everyday in the middle of the day and it always seemed to be when I was on my way back to my apt in between classes.



Then came Labor day weekend. Jessica and I were at the pool and Trey drives by. Jessica tells him to come down so he did. Well we talked and just hung out and then the three of us decided to go to dinner. So we all head home to get dressed and then Jessica calls me and says she cant go but Trey and I should still go, here is his number call him. I was thinking I am not going to call him. Then something told me to just call, so I did. He asked me if I still wanted to go out and so I said ya sure. Off we go. Now you all know the situation I am about to be in here. Is it a date, is it not, do I pay, do I let him pay. All these things are running through my head. We go eat at Texas Roadhouse and then the check comes. I offer to pay for my dinner and of course he says no. Oh boy I think what does this mean. Sometimes I just read toooo much into things you know. Somehow from that date forward we hung out all the time. We dated for a year and then got engaged for a year and graduated college and got married. So that guy that I thought I would never give the time of day to ended up being the love of my life. Isnt it funny how God has everything planned out. We just have to listen.


To Trey,

I thank God everyday for preparing you for me and me for you. These past 6 years (really 8 years) have been so wonderful. I know that we have had our ups and downs but that has just made us stronger. Our lives have been filled with so many blessings. Thank you for loving Christ and putting Him first. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you for being such a wonderful father to your son. You bring laughter to my heart, which helps me to enjoy each day. I love you with all my heart.

Wanissa

Here is a wedding picture of us 6 years ago.





Here is us on Sunday at dinner




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Y'all are a beautiful couple and I am so glad to know you.

Now, I DO still want to see some pics of playa Trey. That would crack me UP!!

Love you guys!!

Jenn said...

Awww, that was so sweet!!! It was very neat to hear how you met and started dating.

Yes, I agree with Elisha, post some of those bribe pictures you have been saving of playa Trey!!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Hannah said...

That's such a funny story! I'll have to tell you me and Brian's story some day. It's kindof funny too. Happy Anniversary you two. We need to hang out sometime...we have too much in common!

Anonymous said...

Ladies, ladies, ladies... there will be no pictures of "playa" Trey. That Trey left the building 30 pounds and 8 years ago :)

Trey

Steph, Robert, Zach & Ashton said...

Tag you're it...check out my blog for details.

I want to see picks of Trey too...you need to drag them out Wanissa!!!

Emilie said...

awww....so cute!!! i miss you all!!!!!! i will be coming to dallas as soon as i have a free weekend. give cooper a big smooch for me ;)

The Langfords said...

If you bring out a pic of Trey I'll bring one out of Waylan! Hehe... Fifteen years, lots more hair and (uh-um) 70-ish pounds!

Sweet story though! Congrats!

Melissa said...

Congrats to you guys!!! May you have many, many, many more years of happiness. Stop counting pounds...haha!!