Monday, April 5, 2010

From donald duck to mallard duck

Cooper has lately had a thing for ducks. While we were in Florida there were ducks everywhere and he would chase after them. Trey and I were talking one evening while there and said wouldnt it be fun to get Cooper a little baby duck for Easter and then after a while let it go at my grandparents ponds. We just blew it off after that. Then we get home from our trip and that Monday I went to put mail out and something flew out of the flower bed and scared me to death. Well it was a female duck. I was telling my mom about it and she said I bet she has a nest. So we started looking and sure enough we found it with 1 egg in it. She came everyday for 10 days and laid 1 egg a day. Now she is sitting on them until they hatch so she is here all the time. So we think that Cooper prayed for a duck and God sent him what is going to be 10 ducks. We thought it was so funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like more than 10 eggs to me :)