Monday, June 2, 2008

Things are changing

So a lot has happened over the last couple of weeks. Trey and I had been talking about maybe moving for a couple of weeks so we decided to just go out and look around at what was being offered. If you know Trey and I you know that we go through this oh about every year or a little less. We start looking at houses and things and then don't do anything. Well this time we actually are doing it. On May 16th Trey called me and he was in the process of trading his Corvette in and getting a more practical family car with good gas mileage. Because lets all face it that car was not working with the new family. Can you believe that Trey gave up his baby. It was a hard night for him. I thought I was going to need to bring a box of tissues to the dealership. Even though I was ready to get rid of the car it was kind of sad. I guess because I knew that Trey really enjoyed it. Maybe he can get another one in a couple of years.

So that was Friday night. So then we also decided to get rid of the boat that was just sitting in the garage. We knew that we were not going to be able to use it with Cooper in our life now so we put it up for sale. Within a couple of days we had the boat sold to a nice family. I know they will really enjoy it. We were cleaning house. It is like we took a Dave Ramsey class or something. We should have probably have done these things years ago, but oh well.

Then a couple of days later we went and signed a contract to start building a new house. We are staying in Wylie, the new house is just going to be in the neighborhood across the street so we are not moving far at all. All of these changes have been a little over whelming. Also in the middle of all this Trey got a job offer in Las Vegas. So we had to really pray about where God wanted us and what he wanted to do. It was a hard decision. But when it came down to making the decision Trey turned it down for several reasons. He is happy at TI and he is about to change positions to the networking team and that is something that he really enjoys and is really looking forward to something new and to be apart of that group. Not that I really know what networking is all about but I am glad that he is getting this opportunity. I am glad we are not going to LV because I really love being around family and it would have been really hard to not have them around, especially with Cooper here now.

So all in all we are staying in Wylie and building a new house. So pray for us that everything goes well.

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Ok, you're spoiling me with all these posts so close together.

First, Las Vegas?!?! I am so glad y'all turned that down. That is probably selfish but I know y'all belong here.

Second, congrats on the new house. I know y'all are excited about it. That is so exciting!!